I offer hosting for my design customers and a select few designers. My service comes with 'unlimited bandwidth & server space' and has only a few limitations, click here to read them.
While you can make your own site backups at any time through your cPanel, I maintain a backup of your site every 24 hours (the last backup will overwrite the previous day's) as well as a weekly (again that overwrites itself every week) and a monthly backup (that overwrites monthly). I offer phone support as well as virtual/screenshare support for your hosting questions.
You have complete control over your site with cPanel, the industry leader in hosting control panel software.cPanel is a web-based application that allows you to control and manage every aspect of your website. It is highly compatible and works well with all popular web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox etc. From adding sub-domains and email accounts to installing scripts, cPanel makes it all extremely simple and fast.
How you can benefit from cPanel Hosting?
High stability & Feature-rich
The demand for cPanel is very high since it provides a high level of stability and extensive features for your site. You can manage emails, add or delete domains, check for bandwidth, view web traffic details and so on. The control and flexibility provided by cPanel is unmatched.
Complete Site Maintenance
cPanel helps you look after the web directories, check your site’s backup, organize custom error pages, calculate disk space, add shopping carts and much more. It is the best software in terms of the flexibility, ease of use and control provided to maintain and administer your site.
When running a large business or a heavy-traffic site, maintaining a backup is the last thing on your mind. cPanel makes this process simpler by allowing you to regularly store backups of data, images, emails and other content on your website. This is extremely beneficial since in case your website or server crashes, you can easily recover all your data.
Statistical data including the number of visitors, your site ranking, user’s experience etc can be extremely important when it comes to running a successful business. cPanel makes it possible for you to view the statistics of your site and keep a tab on important information. Based on your analysis, you can incorporate changes to improve your business performance.
One of the best features of cPanel Hosting is Fantastico – a dynamic utility software that allows you to administer your own domain via a web interface. It helps in installing a variety of programs such as WordPress, Joomla, Blogging softwares on to your site. Thus you can increase the functionality of your site on your own and do not require technical assistance.
cPanel is comprehensively designed in a three-tier structure which makes web hosting simple and quick. With cPanel you no longer need to go through hundreds of complex commands or instructions to manage your site.
cPanel affords you complete control over your site.
Domain Management Manage Subdomains, Parked and Addon domains, Redirect URLs
Email Management Add/remove Email Accounts, Set Disk Space Quotas for Email Accounts, Virus scanning, Spam Prevention with SpamAssasin, Read mail via Webmail, Manage mailing lists, Manage Email Forwarders, Create Autoresponders, Email Domain Forwarding, Specialized Interface for Email Only Accounts
Site Management Manage FTP Accounts, Allow Anonymous FTP access, Publish Your Site Using FrontPage, Web Disk Access to Files, File Manager, Backups, SSL, Custom Error Pages, Create Custom MIME Types and Apache Handlers, Java SSH Client, Create and Edit Cronjobs
Security Block IP Addresses From Accessing Your Site, ClamAV, Password Protect Directories, Prevent Image Hotlinking, Prevent Bandwidth Leeching, Manage Directory Indexing, Public Key Authentication for SSH, Install SSL Certificates
Database and Development Tool Support MySQL and phpMyAdmin, PostgreSQL and phpPgAdmin, PHP, Perl, CGI, Python, Tomcat (installer), Mod_mono (installer) Interface Modification Multiple Themes Available, Multiple Looks Available for Each Theme, Customer and Third Party Theme Integration
Fantastico DeLuxe is an amazing cPanel/PHP based Web application. It integrates with cPanel and gives you the ability to automatically install below listed popular Open Source Applications. With Fantastico the installation procedure of all of the following scripts takes only seconds and can be performed by novices without the need of setting up MySQL databases, importing structure, chmoding files and without the need of other tasks usually associated with installations:
NOTE: In addtion, our cPanel Pro plans also come with "Interchange" and "Agora" shopping carts.
CubeCart (visit site)
- a popular shopping cart system
osCommerce (visit site)
- a powerful highly configurable eCommerce shopping cart solution
ZenCart (visit site)
- another user-friendly open source shopping cart system
PHP-Nuke (visit site)
- a powerful portal solution with many modules, blocks and
Post-Nuke (visit site)
- another powerful CMS portal site also with many modules,
blocks and addons available
phpWCMS (visit site)
- a CMS system
phpWebSite (visit site)
- a CMS portal site with many modules and addons available
Mambo (visit site)
- a dynamic web content management system (CMS), capable of
building sites from several pages to several thousand
Siteframe (visit site)
Typo3 (visit site)
- a Web content management framework
Xoops (visit site)
- a CMS portal site with many modules and addons available
Drupal (visit site)
Joomla! (visit site)
- a Content Management System (CMS) created by the same
team that brought the Mambo CMS to its current state of stardom
Geeklog (visit site)
b2evolution (visit site)
Nucleus (visit site)
pMachine Free (visit site)
- great tool for managing your own personal blogging site or
WordPress (visit site)
Customer Support Systems:
PHP Support Tickets (visit site)
- powerful Support Ticketing System to help you help your visitors
Support-Logic Helpdesk (visit site)
Support Services Manager (visit site)
- a powerful system for providing your visitors and clients with
osTicket (visit site)
Crafty Syntax Live Help (CSLH) (visit site)
Help Center Live (visit site)
FAQMasterFlex (visit site)
- a database-driven application for creating and maintaining
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
4images Gallery (visit site)
- your own online photo gallery
Gallery (visit site)
- probably the most popular image gallery script
Coppermine Photo Gallery (visit site)
- a feature-rich photo gallery script with MySQL database, user
management, private galleries, automatic thumbnail creation,
film strip, and a template system for customization
Templates Express (visit site)
- a series of static templates which can be installed to start building
a website even if you do not want to learn how to manage a CMS
Polls and Surveys:
Advanced Poll (visit site)
- polling system with multiple polls, templates, IP-Logging,
IP-Locking, cookie support, etc.
phpESP (visit site)
- a PHP/MySQL-driven application to let non-technical users
PHPSurveyor (visit site)
- surveying tool that allows you to develop, publish, manage
PHPlist (visit site)
NOTE: Our plans ALSO come with "Mailman" – an even better mailing list program!
ViPER Guestbook (visit site)
- a guestbook script, comes in English, German, Dutch, and Swedish
PhpWiki (visit site)
- a PHP clone of WikiWikiWeb, a web site system where anybody
can edit the pages right through the web browser, without any
Tiki Wiki (visit site)
- Tiki features a Wiki, Image galleries, File galleries, Forums,
Polls, Chat, RSS feeds, Articles, Submissions, Weblogs,
Webmail, Surveys, Trackers, Newsletters and more. Themes
can be created using CSS. Everything is customizable
Moodle (visit site)
- Moodle is a course management system designed to help
educators create quality online courses
Noah's Classifieds (visit site)
- run your own Classified ads website!
Dew-NewPHPLinks (visit site)
- Dew-Code is a resource for aspiring coders.
Open-Realty (visit site)
- professional but free tool for real estate agents to put their
phpAdsNew (visit site)
PHPauction (visit site)
- host your own auctions site!
phpCOIN (visit site)
- phpCOIN is a PHP/MySQL based package for hosting resellers
to manage clients, orders, invoices, etc. phpCOIN supports
"pay links" as the method of billing, and permits returning client
purchases, secure client/admin login, permits client access to
own information (view / print), eMail notifications (template based),
auto-send of due invoices, auto-generate recurring invoices,
language file support, and theme support. Includes following
modules: Articles, Contact forms, FAQ, HelpDesk, Custom
Content Pages, and Search Site function.
phpFormGenerator (visit site)
WebCalendar (visit site)
- a PHP application used to maintain a calendar for one or more
- Not properly 'scaling' (72 dpi) photos for viewing on the web. The larger the photo (not width and height but 'dots per inch'), the longer your site will take to load. Rule of thumb, don't upload from your camera, use a free or inexpensive photo editing program and *then* upload them.
- Using your site to host videos. I recommend you stream your YouTube video through your site easily (and quickly) and not bog down your site (it will run faster and double as online advertising if you 'tag' your video properly in YouTube).
- Using the site primarily for 'online storage' — I don't offer this service. Certainly store documents and photos to be linked to, but do not use it for backup of your home computer for instance or you may incur additional hosting fees.
If you are looking to do these types of things, contact me to discuss it. Otherwise, don't worry about it, I haven't had a problem yet. I am just looking to cover myself in the 'worst case scenario' of a hosting customer… I am descended from five generations of NY lawyer, so it is most like in my DNA to include this disclaimer,